Friday 6 November 2015

Point 16 and 17- Who is my perfect audience member for my video and how my video is going to attract my ‘perfect audience member’.

Who is my perfect audience member?

The genre of pop punk can be described as a strand of alternative rock, which typically merges pop melodies with a speedy punk tempo, frequent chord changes and loud guitars that have ‘a radio friendly sheen to their music, but still maintaining much of the speed and attitude of classic punk rock’.



The first chart shows that the age demographic of the target audience for alternative rock is 16-25 year olds. People from within this demographic are stereotyped to be studying for exams (school, college, university), go to parties, be at the most enjoyable time (socially) in their life etc. Maslow's hierarchy of human needs is applicable to the age demographic through the social aspect of having a lot of friends and being a part of a group (in terms of liking alternative rock music).


 This chart shows that fans of alternative rock are mainly males and this could be because many of the artists present within the genre are males themselves. There is a good following of alternative rock from females but it's male dominated. 


The third chart shows that the ethnicity of the primary target audience are 'white'. Majority of the artists present within alternative rock are of a white ethnicity - in contrast to Hip Hop where many of the artists are of a black ethnicity. 


From the results, all of the target audience believe that the best possible music videos have a mixture of narrative and performance.

Here is the UK tribes definition of my target audience member. Looking at this I am going to have to analyse my tribe so that my video is going to attract my target audience.

Hopefully my final video will show all of these stereotypical features to my tribe so that my video will attract my audience

No comments:

Post a Comment