Monday 7 March 2016

Research the conventions of CD advertising. Look at music advertising from the genre your music video is and come up with a list of conventions that you need to get right.

The conventions of CD advertising in my chosen genre are very simple. In a lot of pop punk albums you wont see anything fancy or highly technical on the promotional images. Here is just one example of an advertisement for one band's album. However just because the conventions of CD advertisement in my chosen genre are simple doesn't mean they are not effective. I still need to focus on achieving a convincing promotional poster that fits into my chosen genre well. There is a list of conventions I will take from this promotional advertisement for a band called Real Friends for my final poster.







  • Clear Band Name
  • Clear Album Name
  • Easy To Look At
  • Contrasting Colour Scheme 
  • Relating Image to Album Name/ Key Song


No comments:

Post a Comment